Monday, March 8, 2010

More "Where I am From" Poems

Where I’m From

I’m from never liking the Yankees while being born in New Jersey
I’m from 5 hours away to my old home
I’m from soccer and hockey
I’m from swimming to swimming
I’m from freedom
I’m from Biscuit to Wednesday Wars
I’m from a guinea pig to a dog
I’m from a swimmer and a nurse
I’m from servers of our countries and secretaries
I’m from baby clothes
I’m from the outside world
I’m from Frosha and whipping cream
I’m from lots of sisters and one brother
I’m from Falmouth people
I’m from the woods and I’m from the town
I’m from Goldenrod taffy
I’m from lots of dogs
I’m from Jamie and Keri
I’m from the Patriots and the Red Sox and the Bruins
I’m from Rubix Cubes and HO trains
I’m from softball and street hockey
I’m from bike riding
I’m from Journey and Van Halen
I’m from Tom Howell and Ronald Regan
I’m from Twix bars and Big League Chew
I’m from Love Boat and Dukes of Hazzard
I’m from Wrinkle in Time and Narnia
I’m from the sayings “cool” and “nuh-unh”
I’m from the dreams of being a gym teacher and an accountant
I’m from a world that, is and always will be, my home.

Julia


I’m from DS and Ipod, public pools and
riding bike.
I’m from camping in Acadia every summer every
year.
I’m from Daughtry and owl city,cars and
breakfast in america.

I’m from buzz lightyear,thomas the train and
hula hoops.
I’m from clue and battleship.
I’m from skittles and resses cups, razzles,
twizzler and almond joy.

I’m from Bone, Nancy Drew and the lion the Witch and
the Wardrobe.
I’m from “hip”,”groovy” and “cool”.
I’m from the Brady Bunch,partridge family and
Phineas and Ferb.

I’m from all the memories.

-Ben



I’m from little, plays With dolls cries a Lot to,

I’m from wipes my face when a cold dry tear is falling,

I’m from older, sits down in the living room laughing, wetting my pants
watching my favorite T.V show, WIPE OUT,

I’m from Halloween are favorite holiday scary to as we are running away from the scary people chasing as as we run away from them,

I’m from favorite food that we all love is Italian Rice,


by Candace


Where I’m From
By Anna

I’m from my vegetable garden in the front yard,

I’m from snowshoeing in my woods and playing with my dog.

I’m from dancing and Sports Illustrated.

From baseball and tootsie rolls.

From Nightly News and Gilligan’s Island.
I am from.........


Where I’m From

I am from Jodie and Michael
From going “beep beep” with my barbie jeep
From “choo chooing” with my train tracks
To going “cling clang” with my pots and pans.

I am from riding up and down the streets on my bike
From playing stressful games of Trouble with my dad
To drawing pink hearts on the driveway with chalk.

I am from sweaty shingaurds and warn cleats
To playing hopscotch barefoot on the driveway
From long plane rides listening to Raffis good music.

I am from the Celtics especially Rajon Rondo
To shooting hoops with my mom
From smelly basketball shoes and sweaty socks.

I am from the old camp on the blue lake
From siting around the campfire cooking smores
And telling ghost stories
To getting scared at night.

I am from the soft disney blanket
Full of smells and memories
From Clifford the big red dog
And “Allie dont eat that” to “put that down”
From “calm down now” to sleeping in the car.

I am from mornings with Dora and Boots
And evenings with Wizards

I am What I am
And that makes me, me

By,
Allie

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Ben's because he doesn't only talk about what his parents had. He also talks about what he has. I love how he says "I'm from hip, groovy, and cool". I just think those are fun sayings. If anyone was wondering about my poem when I said HO trains, that means the play trains that go on a track. I noticed that a lot of people said " I'm from memories". I wonder if they all just thought that or they discussed their ideas with each other. On Ben's poem it says " I'm from Daughtry and Owl City". Waht or who is Daughtry??? PPLLEEAASSEE ANSWER!!!
-#1 tazmanian devil-
(julia)

Anonymous said...

Where I'm from

I'm from t.v., and video games,DS,board games.
I'm from toys,movies, and TOYSRUS.
I'm from Disney world,and rides.
I'm from Mc'donalds and York house of pizza.
I'm from cards and arcade games.
I'm from orange juice,strawberries,Cheese pizza,and fruit loops.
by Andrew Leduc
date 3-8-10

Anonymous said...

I agree with Julia's because I also like Ben's poem because only he doesn't only talk about what his parents had.He also talks about what he was.I also love the Groovy,hip and cool part that is really cool.Julia Duaghtry is a band that Ben loves. Owl city wrote fire flys.I wonder If lady gaga was back then in Noah's poem.

By Will Donnell

Anonymous said...

I like Ben's!!!!!! His is very fun. I like how he talks about things he used to like and what he likes now. A lot of things Ben put in his poem I like or liked too. When was little I loved Buzz Lightyear!!!!!:D With his cool gadgets, plus HE'S A TOY!!!!!! I now also like Daughtry ,I also like DS's. It was short but sweet.

From Alex L

Anonymous said...

I like ben because it is really descriptive. I wonder why he said i'm from all the memories. I also liked Julias it was very long and i just think it was cool. I liked it when he said I’m from skittles and resses cups, razzles,
twizzler because they are my favorite candy in the whole world.

Henry said...

I argee with Alex and Ben DS's are cool. I also disagree with Ben Fireflies is a bad song in my opinion. I also like Julia's poem, BOO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Funny I hate the Red Sox.) Julia also said that she's 5 hours away same with me(by plane!!!) Julia what's Frosha? Ben also said something about Thomas Trains. I played with them too except I took them to seriously. Allie's sounds familiar to my sister. Julia is 100% correct on goldenrod taffy!!! Street Hockey is fun but real Hockey is better. Ben also likes 1of my favorite candies, Skittles. Henro the amazing Cheseball tamer

Anonymous said...

To answer Julia's question, I think Ben means "Daughtry" the American Idol dude Chris. At least that's what I think it is. Also, isn't Owl City the Fireflies band??
I like Julia's poem because some of the things about her, and how it changed from the past to the future. Like the part when she says: I'm from Biscuit to the Wednesday Wars. I don't think Julia reads Biscuit books anymore.(or does she??) I bet the part when she says: I'm from lots of sisters and one brother was about her mom or dad, am I right, Julia? I also agree with Julia because I like it when Ben says I'm from "hip", "groovy", and "cool". Probably your parents saying the "groovy" and "hip", right Ben?
I like how in Allie's poem, in the first paragraph, she uses noises from the things she used. Like "Beep! Beep!" from the Barbie car. There's one part where it says "Calm down, now" and that TOTALLY makes sense with Allie. Another thing that I liked in her poem was her soft Disney blanket and I remember Allie telling me about that blanket saying it was the best money she's ever spent!

!OO $@r@!-! (SARAH)

Anonymous said...

I thought that Ben's Where I'm from poem was a little funny in the pool party part.I also liked it when he mentioned the DS and ipod part as well.His was really interesting because when he typed his Where I'm From poem he typed some of his memories.I also thought it sounded a little sugary when he mentioned some candy.I also thought that it sounded cool when he wrote the ''hip ''groovy'' and ''cool'' part.

by Andrew leduc
date 3-10-10

Anonymous said...

I agree with Julia's poem because I love the Patriots and the Redsox, but mostly the Redsox. ( I'm not a huge Football fan ) And I love swimming and Goldenrod taffy! YUM! NOW I CRAVE TAFFY!!!! I also agree with her poem because it says, " I'm from never liking the Yankees while being born in New Jersey " I HATE the Yankees!!! Also I love Twix bars! NOW I CRAVE TWIX BARS TOO!!!!! :D :D :D I disagree with Andrew because I don't like Mc'donald's at all. :( But I do like York House of Pizza. :) And Julia I was wondering about the memories thing too. Can someone tell me the answer?

I LOVE CATNIP!! Oh no I said it!!!!!! now I'm going to go CRAZY!!! BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!! :O

Anonymous said...

To answer Sarah and Julia's question, I think Ben wrote "I am from all the memories" because he is saying the person he is today is because of the things he has done and liked in the past. That's what my Stepdad and I think Ben is saying in the last line of his poem. I agree with Alex, Henry and Ben that DS's are cool. Just like the blog with no name on it, my favorite candy is twizzlers too!


~Justin

Anonymous said...

I thought that candace's Where I'm From poem as well.Candace's poem sound a little girly at the beginning. I also thought when she wrote the wet my pants part was a bit funny.Also i thought that the Italian rice part made me a bit hungry.The halloween part also gave me the creeps.

by Andrew Leduc

date 3-11-10

Anonymous said...

I liked Allie's poem. It was really interesting and I liked how she said "From going “beep beep” with my barbie jeep
From “choo chooing” with my train tracks
To going “cling clang” with my pots and pans." That was a really good idea! When I read Julias poem, she said "I'm from Jamie and Keri". I was wondering who those people were. I agree with Emma and Julia. I don't really get the memories thing, but it is still a good ending.

.:~Anna Thee Banana~:.

Anonymous said...

I like Ben's because he puts basically everything, food, things he likes, things he does and he really ties it all together in a neat way! I think everyone does that, too, but doesn't tie it in as well as Ben's. I like Julia's because it is fun to look at with all the I'm from's! No, I like it because it is long and like most long things they get boring, but Julias is very interesting in a way, i'm not sure why?? I like Candace's because, it has a lot of verbs and action, and that explains a lot, and also it is short & sweet! I like mine!! :^)!! I think everybody's poems is unique in there own way because everybody did different things when they were littler, and were a different person!

Rajon Rondo the great Rondini!!

Anonymous said...

I think people liked Ben's poem, only the first seven people said they did:]. Julia's was interesting to me because I didn't know what half of the things in her poem was. Frosha, Tom Howell what and who is that? Her poem caught my eye and made me want to read it because it had all these things I have never heard of. I found it interesting how Candace arranged her poem. The spaces inbetween a couple of sentences caught my eye and somehow made me want to read the whole poem. Anna and Allie's poems next to each other made me look at both of them because one was really short and the other really long. If they where not next to each other I don't think I would of read them. (The Cam)

Anonymous said...

I like Julia's poem. It describes alot of things. Like what she did as a kid. What she has right now. And what she Wants to be. When I read allies i was surprised it didnt really have anything crazy in it. Like Sky Diving when she was a baby. :O The only thing im not surprised about is "Allie Dont eat that!"
My favorite is Julia's. I like where she starts new lines and how she says it.

Herb

Anonymous said...

At the end of Anna's poem it says "I am from...". I was wondering what that means. It is a good ending because it leaves the reader wondering. The reader might want to even read more of Anna's poems hoping for a clue.
I liked Julia's poem because she does not only talk about her and her parents (I know that her brother plays hockey and she doesn't). I also liked Candace's poem!!!
I noticed that everyone (well... not EVERYONE) has at leat one thing in there poem that someone else doesn't have (I am saying that everyone's poem is different). I love that about the poems.

6.5

(Katherine)

Anonymous said...

I really like almost everything in Ben's poem like the candies and the ipods and ds' and the music. Where in Maine is Acadia? North or South? Julia- What are HO trains? I LOVE Journey and Van Halen ROCKS. Are Jamie and Keri your parents? How many sisters do you have? Goldenrod has the BEST taffy EVER!!! I also really like your ending,"I am from a world that, is and always will be, my home." I thought that was a really good ending sentance. Allie I really love your ending too! I agree with you Henry! In my opinion Fire Flies is a bad song too. After reading mine again, I relize that I could have added a litte more....


Fred Figglehorn a.k.a not Gianna if thats what you think!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This message will self destruct in


5
4
3
2
1
.
.
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Noah A new I am from:
I am from the peanut m&m in my belly.
I am from the laughter in the Easter bunnies voice box.
I am from the type of metal 1/2 dollars are made of.
I am from the dead frog Ms Simonds brought in today.
I am from the keyboard I am typing from right now.
I am from the dare tee shirt with the world.
I am from the economy in our country.
I am from the end of this poem....The end of the world!
Mullet man Noah