Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Main Character Sketch-Black Duck

Rueben has dark brown hair,with brown eyes,and wears a t-shirt and khaki pants with beat-up work shoes and he always wears a worn-out baseball cap. He has tan skin from digging up the lobster pots on the beach.
Rueben is brave and he is good at investigating. When Jeddy and Rueben were heading toward Tom’s house, two guys with machine guns came and searched the house for a wallet. After they were gone Rueben and Jeddy went in. They found Tom sitting with his dog on the porch and his dog was dead.
He feels the thirst to prove himself when the police say he didn’t find a body. Marina (Jeddy’s sister) is always willing to keep Rueben for dinner but Jeddy’s dad does not always agree with Marina. Jeddy is his best friend and Rueben can tell him almost anything.
Rueben wants to get to the bottom of the story so that maybe his dad will believe him about the dead body. He wants a good job ,not at the family general store. He searches the dead man’s pockets because he needs to know who the man is.
We think that the book is foreshadowing that Jeddy is going to get into a fight with Rueben and Jeddy is going to leave town. Rueben might be left without a friend except for Tom.

by Callie, Justin, Marina, Emilie and Colby

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Callie,Justin,Marina,Emilie and Colby,
Great job on your character sketch! I really liked how you got into the details about Rueben. I can really imagine him in my head. can't wait to hear more about your book!

-Elle

Anonymous said...

Black Duck group, I like your character sketch,it gives alot of info. about your character. I think it is a little confusing at the same time. You talk to much about what happens in the book,instead of talking about the
character.

hayley

Anonymous said...

this sounds like an interesting and complicating book. I can compare it to The sisterhood of the traveling pants because this book is also really complicating. the author flips from character to character every two pages or so. I find myself thinking every time they switch wait, what happened to Carmen last time or wait, why does Bridget's arm hurt, oh yeah, last time she broke her arm etc.Is this book as complicating as the sisterhood of the traveling pants?
-Erin McCafferty

Anonymous said...

Black Duck group. I liked your character schetch. You told lots about the main character. I thought it was a little confusing because of too much about the story and not about the character.

Hayley

Mr. G said...

Black Duck is one of the books on my Someday List, so I'm really excited to read a little about Reuben and Jeddy. It sounds like Reuben is awfully brave. I would NEVER put my hands in the pockets of a corpse!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr G,
You should read black duck but I'm going to finish it tonight. This book I would rate it a four star because its not my favorite book I read but it seemed good. The reason I wanted to read it was because it seemed interesting.
-justin