Monday, February 2, 2009

Cooperative Reading Groups

Right now we have 5 reading discussion groups going in room 2308. Students were able to choose books they were interested in and then arranged in cooperative groups to work together to read, enjoy and discuss their books. The students are reading the following books:

"Tiger Rising" by Kate DiCamillo
"There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom" by Luis Sachar
"Walk Two Moons" by Sharon Creech
"Black Duck" by Janet Taylor Lisle
"House of Many Ways" Diana Wynne Jones
House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones




6 comments:

Mr. G said...

Looks great! Can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs.Simond I like what you have done so fare . I like Black Ducks so fare because it sounds very interesting. But it is a mystery it sounds like that. what genre is it ? .

-katie k

Anonymous said...

I think that boy in a girls bathroom sounds just a little funny so I think I would like to read it some time soon but also I might want to read tiger rising because when I read the character sketch It sounded really good so some time soon I would like to read either one soon

sincerely
Dean Hatt

Anonymous said...

think all the Character Sketch's were really good so I think all those books sound good to read.

from:Dean

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs.S,
I think that The Tiger Rising was little weird. It didn't describe the book that much. But, I like the description of the tiger that she writes! I like it a lot.

- Jess Y

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm finnaly on. I think the theme is friendship because Bradley was friends with Jeff, but then Jeff ditched him. Then Jeff finds new friends instead. Later Bradley becomes friends with the consular Clara. The thing I don't get is why Jeff is on the cover of the book when Bradley is the main character.
- Jack <(-_-)>